As you drive your car, the up and down motion can be highly disruptive to your driving experience. But fortunately, for absorbing much of this motion and keeping ride as smooth as possible, modern automobiles are outfitted with best coil springs.
What is coil spring?
Coil springs are mechanical devices which are used to store energy and subsequently release it. A coil spring is also known as helical spring. They absorb shock and maintain a force between contacting surfaces. A coil spring is made of an elastic material formed into the shape of a helix.
They look basically like the coiled springs and it is found most often cars and truck on the front suspension between the upper and lower control arms.
Types of Coil Spring:
- Tension coil springs: Tension coil spring, also known as extension coil springs which are designed to resist stretching. It has a hook form at each end for attachment.
- Compression coil springs: Compression coil springs, which are designed to resist being compressed. Volute springs are used as heavy load compression springs and when it compressed, the trip is stiffer edge-on than a wire coil.
- Torsion Springs: Torsion coil springs are designed to resist twisting actions and often associated to clothes pegs or up-and-over garage doors.
- Cylindrical coil springs: A cylindrical coil springs consists of end coils and it can be designed to provide a linear rate, to give a progressive spring rate by varying the pitch.
=> Automatically handled easily during production
=> In the axial direction, be bent in shape
- Conical Coil springs: In a suspension system when there is a limited space for the coil springs, the conical springs are chosen. They have mostly open ends and sometimes pig tail end.
- Mini-block coil springs: A mini-block coil springs design have coil diameters adjusted. For this type of design solution can reduce the bloc length close to two times the material diameter.
ACDelco 45H1108 Professional Front Coil Spring Set
ACDleco professional front spring set is a special cylindrical spiral shaped springs and are the high quality replacement ideal for many vehicles on the road today. It work with your vehicle suspension system to absorb the vertical motion of the wheels for including variable rate rear and constant front coil.
- Front and rear applications available.
- Premium, high-quality aftermarket component
- Perfect fit and ride for an old 92 Cherokee
Question: Are they variable rate front coils? They look it.
Answer: yes they are variable rate coil they work real good as a cheap lift for jeep wrangler or xj give about 1.75-2.00″ lift
Question: Are these considered stock replacements?
Answer: Yes they are ,but stock ride height varied a little from model to model. I would compare the ride heght of these to be that of the “Sport” model which is one of the higher ride heights. Good springs.
RTZ – Ford F150 Pickup 3″ Front Lift Coil Springs 2wd V8 Motor
RTZ front coil springs will left your 2wd pickup 3” on the front while maintain the handling and ride quality of sport suspention.
These coils are heat set to prevent spring fatigue, load tested for proper load specification & sport spring rate, and are made of High Tensile Alloy Steel. All these stages of refinement are implemented at our facility in the USA. They are powder-coated to prevent rusting. Drop them in and Drive!!
- Life-Time Warranty
- Heat Set & Shot Peened to Prevent Spring Fatigue
- Load Tested for Proper “Sport” Spring Rate which is 15% higher than OEM
- Parts are Powder-coated to Prevent Corrosion. Improve the look of your pickup and increase ground clearance
- Fits 1997-2003 Ford F150 Pickup 2wd V8 Includes: Pair of 3″ Lift coils. Check our other auctions for V6 models
Moog 80974 Coil Spring Set
Moog coil spring is a proven problem solver products. It is the preferred steering and suspension brand of professional technicians and NASCAR Crew Chiefs.
- Powder-coated to protect against corrosion
- Designed to lower stresses for longer service life
- All coil springs are 100% load tested
- Worn or sagging coil springs can cause premature tire wear due to vehicle misalignment
Question: Are these for the v8 or i6 jeep grand cherokee?
Answer: These fit all models both I6 and V8 except overland editions
Question: Is this a set or individual springs?
Answer: It’s a set, I had the same question before buying
Rubicon Express RE1310 4.5″ Coil Spring for Jeep XJ – Pair
Rubicon express coil springs are designed to provide the best in ride quality with sacrificing durability and load capacity. All coils are made using the most advanced process in the industry.
- Brand Rubicon Express
- Item Weight 28 pounds
- Product Dimensions 24 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches
- Shipping Weight 28.1 pounds
Question: when i order this is it just one coil or it two?
Answer: It is 2 .
Question: Does it come with all of the pieces pictured?
Answer: Just two front coils
Question: Will these fit an 88 jeep comanche 2×4?
Answer: Should same front suspension as an xj.
Question: Do you need any other parts? or you just replace your standard springs with these and thats it?
Answer: If you already have a lift installed than this is all you will need. If you do not than you will need different shocks, drop pitman arm, and a drop bracket for your track bar.